April 6, 2011

No-Bake Cookie Cake

A dear friend and coworker had a birthday this week, and so I wanted to make a birthday dessert for her. I pressed her for details on what her favorite birthday cake was as a child. She told me that her mom always made her no-bake cookies. "She thought she was giving me something halfway nutritious, since they have peanut butter and oatmeal."

I got this wacky idea to make a no-bake cookie cake for her. I admit that I was inspired by a news story I read about Prince William's groom's cake, Prince William chooses wedding cake made of cookies.

I decided to make No Bake Cookie batter and then press it into round cake pans. I selected this Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookie recipe and made three batches. I lined 8", 6", and 4" cake pans (one of each size) with parchment paper and sprayed the sides with Pam. I poured/spread the batter into the pans, pressing down on it to fill the whole pan evenly and even out the top. After the layers set, I stacked them and put Reese's cups and birthday candles on top of the layers.

No Bake Cookie Cake

The cake was a hit. Certainly one of the easiest birthday cakes I've ever made. The next day I spotted a recipe for the Royal No-Bake Cake - Chocolate Biscuit Cake. Make one at home to try if you're like me and your invite to the Royal Wedding got lost in the mail.

3 comments:

Auntie said...

Well, it's much, much cuter in the photo than in my mind's eye.

I don't recall that Grandmother ever made no-bake cookies.

I do remember, as a foodie child, thinking those were the Yummiest & Ugliest cookies at Vacation Bible School.

Unknown said...

How did they cut? I want to make chocolate cupcakes with no-bake filling and peanut butter frosting... I just thought that might fir together with taste..so cut. Good. Let me know

Kimberly said...

They were fairly firm if I remember correctly. It depends on how warm it is when you serve them (would be softer in warmer temps). You could increase the butter or milk to make them easier to cut and chew.